THE JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC SCIENCES: THEORY AND PRACTICE (JESTP)
(Scientific, Refereed, Biannual)
Azerbaijan State University of Economics (UNEC)
Notes for Contributors
1. Articles which have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere are accepted in English.
2. Manuscripts should be typed on one side of a A4 sized paper and should not exceed 25, 1,5-spaced pages with the Times New Roman 12-font character size. Only e-mail submissions are accepted. Manuscripts must be sent to the official e-mail address of the journal (email@example.com).
3.The first page should include (i) the title of the article; (ii) the name(s) of the author(s); (iii) institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s); (iv) an abstract of no more than 250 words in English (text of abstracts must be consist of sections of “purpose”, “design /methodology/ approach”, “findings”, “research limitations/implications”, “practical implications” and “originality/value”); (v) keywords must not be more than 5 words; (vi) JEL codes. The name, address, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers and academically sphere of interest of the author(s) should be indicated on a separate page.
4.Tables, figures and graphs should be numbered consecutively and contain full references. The titles of the tables, figures and graphs should be placed at the heading of them; the references of tables, figures and graphs should be placed at the bottom of them. Decimals should be separated by a comma. Equations should be numbered consecutively. Equation numbers should appear in parentheses at the right margin. The full derivation of the formula (if abridged in the text) should be provided on a separate sheet for referee use.
5. The Harvard citation style is the preferred referencing style for the journal.
6.All references should be cited in the text (not in footnotes), and conform to the following examples:
It has been argued (Hajiyev, 2000: 504-45)....
Griffin (1970a: 15-20) states....
(Gupta et.al., 1982: 286-7).
(Hajiyev and Bayramov, 2011: 461-26).
(Hajiyev, 2016: 15)
7. References should appear at the end of the text as follows:
- Books: Kenen, P.B. (1989), The International Economy, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Journals: Bayramov A. (2011),“ The phenomenon of economic reality”, The Journal of Economic Sciences: theory and practice, 12 (2), 152-15.
- Articles in edited books: Krugman, P. (1995), “The Move Toward Free Trade Zones”, in P. King (ed.), International Economics and International Economic Policy : A Reader, New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 163-82.
- Other sources: Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan (2012), Statistical Bulletin 4/2012, available at
<http://www.cbar.az/assets/2246/BULLETEN_04-2012__eng.pdf>, accessed 10 November, 2016.
Chang, R. (1998), “The Asian Crisis”, NBER Discussion Paper, 4470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass.